- Royal Borough Windsor & Maidenhead propose 3,000 new homes in the Green Belt including 2,000 on the town's golf course!
- Some 14,000 new homes have been earmarked in the draft 20yr Local Plan
- Bracknell Forest Council propose to build on Blue Mountain golf course
- Hungerford's historic town faces the largest development for 20yrs in the NWD AONB.
- Help us to protect the AONB countryside, Green Belt/green gaps - once gone, it has gone forever!
Berkshire currently responding to threats:
- Protection of the Metropolitan Green Belt in Royal Borough Windsor & Maidenhead
- Aircraft and helicopter noise
- Transport issues in rural areas
- Light pollution - the night sky
- Expansion of Heathrow and night flights - more use of regional airports
- Abuse of planning consent and enforcement orders
- Inappropriate development and design
- Housing - protection of the NWD AONB/Green Belt & inappropriate development in the countryside
- Protection of Heritage buildings
- Safer transport on rural roads
- Waste and Litter campaign
- Dark Sky at Night
- Tranquility, Quality of Life & Air quality
- Quiet Lanes
- Brownfield Registers to be set up by Local Authorities - use brownfield sites first !
Please contact us if you would like to help or if you wish to know more. More information about our campaigns can be found in our newsletter.