Berkshire countryside under Threat- the latest:
• Royal Borough requires 700 houses per annum to 2029
• Council say they have 'no option' but to offer Green Belt to housebuilders
• Bracknell Forest Council propose to build on Blue Mountain golf course
• CPRE want a fair say for local communities and more housing in the right place
• Don't sacrifice our countryside, Green Belt and green gaps - once the countryside has gone, it has gone forever!
The Planning Minister, Nick Boles MP, joined the Neighbourhood Planning Steering Group for Ascot, Sunninghill and Sunningdale at Ascot Racecourse on 4th July 2013. The Royal Borough is a front runner for the Neighbourhood Planning concept with 11 Plans in preparation.
In the picture: CPRE Chairman, Richard Eassie, Lord Lieutenant of the Royal County of Berkshire Mary Bayliss JP and speaker Andrew Davis.
The Branch AGM this year was held at Royal Ascot Racecourse on 24th May 2013, and was attended by members, guests and representatives from Parish Councils.
Conservation Award 2014: Expressions of interest are invited now from Berkshire Schools for the 2014 Conservation Award - contact the Branch Office for details.
Award 2012: The High Sheriff of the Royal County of Berkshire, Charles Brims, joined the Trustees of CPRE Berkshire, to award cheques and certificates to two outstanding Schools in West Berkshire for their conservation projects.